WS20 - Funding Education Abroad: Administration and Partnership Building
Monday, May 30
1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Room: CCC, 304
Member Fee: $300.00 | Non-member Fee: $429.00
Gain federal financial aid knowledge related to sending U.S. students abroad, scholarship administration and best practices, practical approaches for campus collaboration, and issue resolution for U.S.-based education abroad professionals. Presented by members of NAFSA’s Federal Financial Aid Subcommittee and Funding Education Abroad Subcommittee.
- Describe the multiple types of aid used for education abroad
- Identify financial aid regulations that directly affect education abroad and learn how various institutions interpret them
- Examine differences on how financial aid for education abroad is distributed to students at many institutions including scholarship administration and best practices.
- Acquire skills to overcome common obstacles with financial aid for education abroad students
- Discover helpful resources and websites related to federal financial aid processing as well as scholarships for study abroad
CTW Lead Trainer(s)
Mary Alice Allen
Senior Education Abroad Advisor
Georgia Institute of Technology
Office of International Education