Chair's and President's Programs
ALA Unit/Subunit: MAGIRT
Meeting Type: Chair's Program,Program
Cost: Included with full conference registration.
Overall goal: Participants will understand necessary skills and innovations available to librarians to successfully guide researchers in spatial humanities. Specifically,
· Gain an understanding of the concept of spatial humanities
· Review examples of successful projects incorporating spatial humanities
· Learn types of services (or models) and resources available to and through academic libraries.
A panel discussion style, each panelist will choose their own topic by sharing their expertise on:
· Concept of spatial humanities and review examples of successful projects related to spatial humanities
· Resources and tools used or needed to do spatial humanities projects
· Types of services provided for spatial humanities projects
· Challenges or strategies for supporting this practice within their own institutions