Bridge Building, Intersectionality and Inclusion
This session will explore the power of intentionally designing and managing affinity groups to meet the needs of diverse employees while driving and sustaining innovation and strategic partnerships across the community. Our goal is to support district effort to:
• Create an ingrained support system for our educators including a protocol where employees of color can learn about the list of Belong Groups upon hiring
• Work for the advancement, retention, support, and development of Women of Color across departments through professional development, training, skills courses, mentorship, and engagement activities.
• Create caring communities through the strategic use of text, email, meetups, events, and programs for youth (i.e. Pathways to Teaching for HS students, Career Fairs for youth, Speaker’s Bureau)
• Collaborate with organizations and facilitators that support the ongoing development and support of our initiatives and goals of our WOC group
• Engage in social outings, health/wellness activities, and fun events that promote sisterhood and self-care for body and soul.
Learn how to advocate for, develop, and maintain an affinity group in your library community.