Can your patrons spot fake news? Can you? Learn how your library can play a vital role helping adults in your community become eagle-eyed news consumers.
In this intensive one-day preconference, you will:
• Be trained in the media literacy curriculum developed by Stony Brook University’s Center for News Literacy
• Learn how you can empower patrons to recognize fake news
• Work with other libraries to brainstorm and develop program ideas
• Develop a media literacy program plan for your library using Human-Centered Design methods
• Receive a certificate of completion
This preconference is suited for any library employee who with adult patrons.
ALA Unit/Subunit: ALA, PPO
Meeting Type: Ticketed Event
Cost: Ticketed Event. Not included with registration. Visit the Ticketed Events Information Page for further details.