Annual Conference Session
Meeting of the ALCTS Public Libraries Technical Services Interest Group will immediately follow the OCLC Dewey Breakfast.
You are cordially invited! The meeting will feature a presentation from Tomasz Kolata of BookOps (NYPL/Brooklyn) on local innovations at the Technical Services and Q/A on local initiatives. Follow by group discussions on the topics of:
• Outsourcing/Shelf-ready – vendor services and experience sharing.
• Periodicals – more printed magazines are discontinued, what do we do about it?
• Electronic materials – acquire, access, and what is the next?
• Anything can be circulated – and how to get them catalogued?
• Data gathering and analysis – statistics for State Libraries and the PLA survey.
ALA Unit/Subunit: ALCTS
Meeting Type: Discussion Group,Interest Group
Cost: Included with full conference registration.