Annual Conference Session
8:30-9:00 BYO Coffee/Tea and mingle
Challenge: Introduce yourself to two people you don’t know.
• Introduction of New People or First Time Attendees
• ALCTS Awards Announcements
o Jan Merrill Oldham Award--Shelby Strommer, Preservation Processing Coordinator Librarian, University of Iowa Libraries
o George Cunha and Susan Swartzberg Award--Eastern Academic Scholars Trust (EAST) Project Team
o Paul Banks and Carolyn Harris Award--Paula De Stefano, Head of Preservation, NYU Libraries
o ALCTS Presidential Citations for 2019: Miranda Bennett, Associate Dean for Collections at University of South Carolina Libraries, and Julie Mosbo, Interim Director of Cushing Memorial Library and Archives, Director of Preservation, and William and Susan Ouren Preservation Librarian at Texas A&M University Libraries.
9:15-10:15 Updates from Liaisons and LC
• LC Update—Jacob Nadal, Library of Congress [15 mins]
• IFLA Update--Becky Rider, Keeneland Library [15 mins]
• AIC Liaison Update—Katie Risseeuw, Northwestern University, Miriam Centeno, Ohio State University, Brenna Campbell, Princeton University [15 mins]
• PARS/RBMS Liaison—Martha Horan, University of Miami [5 mins]
• Q&A for all updates [10 mins]
10:15-10:30 15 minute break
10:30-10:45 NEH Funded Project on Sustainable Preservation Environments
Adrienne Bell, Folger Shakespeare Library
10:45-11:05 Assessing National Collections Mellon Grant
Ian Bogus, ReCAP, and Fenella France, Library of Congress
11:05-11:10 Preservation Statistics
Karen Kiorpes, University of Albany
11:10-11:25 PAIG Business
• PARS Update—Julie Mosbo, Texas A&M University
• PAIG Business—Call for new co-chair, etc.
ALA Unit/Subunit: ALCTS, ALCTS_PARS
Meeting Type: Discussion Group,Interest Group
Cost: Included with full conference registration.