Antisepsis, Disinfection and Sterilization
30/30 Education Session - 30 minutes
Bedside cleaning and transportation of Instruments used outside of the operating room pose significant risk of contamination and transmission of bloodborne pathogens. Using standards and regulations set forth by AAMI, AORN, OSHA, and APIC, a comprehensive program was created at an acute care hospital to overcome these risk factors.
This session will highlight the strategies undertaken by a multidisciplinary team to remove barriers and align best practices to standardize instrument processing throughout the entire agency, removing variability and improving patient and employee safety. Participants will learn the steps taken, including:
• completing a gap analysis,
• defining standardized work,
• examining necessary financial provisions,
• assessing learner requirements,
• surveying preferred learning styles,
• selecting education and training processes, and
• exploring sustainability and defining quality measures.