Describe the major factors contributing to the culture of nutrition confusion.
• Single study sensationalism
• Scientific Illiteracy
• War on science
• Junk-science influencers
• Unqualified health professionals
• Food familiarity and tribe
Apply successful strategies for communicating nutrition science.
• Increase science education and (food) literacy among influencers and consumers
• Feature nutrition scientists and qualified diet professionals
• Improve science communication skills of scientists
• Expand the platforms of science communication
• Enhance the prominence of (nutrition) science in society
• Create nutrition champions
Enable eaters to identify evidence-based diet advice.
• Engage consumers with compassion and respect
• Meet eaters where they’re at
• Employ emotional intelligence, not just science facts and data
• Empower eaters with skills to successfully navigate nutrition information