Hackensack University Medical Center
Michael Stifelman, M.D.
Chairman and Professor of Urology, Hackensack University Medical Center, Seton Hall School of Medicine
Director, Urologic Oncology, Hackensack University Medical Center
Dr. Stifelman is an internationally recognized pioneer and leader in robotic urologic oncology and upper tract urinary reconstructive surgery. Highlights include:
• Performed over 3,500 robotic procedures
• Pioneered over a dozen minimally invasive surgeries
• Invited lecturer and guest surgeon in 21 different countries spanning six different continents
• Published 186 peer-reviewed articles and abstracts, 20 invited reviews/book chapters and 32 surgical technique videos
• Recognized by Castle Connolly as Best Doctors of America, Best Cancer Doctors, Best Doctors in the New York Metro Area, and New York Magazine’s Best Doctors.
His pioneering research which has led to numerous prestigious awards, focuses on developing and evaluating new technology and defining their exact roles in the operating room. He also has played key developmental roles in designing and launching near infrared fluorescence imaging for renal surgery, drop in technology to enhance surgeon autonomy, tissue grafting for ureteral reconstruction and the use of inter-operative 3D virtual imaging.
Education Dr. Stifelman received his medical degree from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in the Bronx, NY. He performed his internship in general surgery and urology residency at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, NY. He received his fellowship in endourology and laparoscopy at NewYorkPresbyterian Weill Cornell, New York, NY and is board certified in urology
Friday, May 3
7:30 AM – 9:30 AM
Saturday, May 4
10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Sunday, May 5
4:25 PM – 4:35 PM