Director, Teaching Programs, Department of Medicine
University of Montréal
University of Montreal
PALISAITIS, Donald, MD, FRCPC
Université de Sherbrooke, MD, 1982; RCPSC Certification and Fellowship, Internal Medicine at McGill University, 1986, Cardiology at the University of Toronto, 1985-1987; Diplomat of the American Board of Internal Medicine,1986; Fellowship in Interventional Cardiology, Montreal Heart Institute, Université de Montréal 1987-1988.
University of Montréal
• Full Professor of Medicine
• Director of the Adult Cardiology Training Program, Université de Montréal (2006–2014);
• President, Committee of Training Programs, Departement of Medicine, Université de Montréal 2016 – ;
Sacré Coeur Hospital (HSC)
• Cardiologist at the HSC since 1988.
• Director of the Coronary Care Unit (1994-1996);
• Chief of Cardiology Division at HSC (2000-2006);
• Director, Catheterization lab, HSC (2014- );
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC)
• Member of the Specialty Committee in Cardiology at the RCPSC 2006- ;
• Member of the Nucleus Committee of the Specialty Committee in Cardiology 2009-2012;
• Member of the Council of the RCPSC (2010-2019);
• National Chair of the Interventional Cardiology Diploma (AFC) Committee.
• Member Accreditation Committee RCPSC 2014-2016
• Member AFC Accreditation Committee RCPSC 2016-
• Chair elect Specialty Committee in Cardiology RCPSC
• Trained university accreditation surveyor for the RCPSC since 2011.
• Member Cardiology Exam board RCPSC 2016 -
Honours, grants, and awards :
Distinguished Professor Award, Canadian Cardiovascular Society, 2012
Scientific activities :
An experienced clinician and interventional cardiologist. His expertise is the management of acute coronary syndromes and myocardial infarction.
Dr. Palisaitis’ CV lists 24 peer reviewed articles and 18 abstracts. His main scientific interests include teaching at all levels (medical students, residents, peers).
On a national level, he is a co-director of the following national symposia:
- Canadian Coronary physiology and IVUS Workshop (2000-present),
- Annual CAIC CCS Interventional Cardiology Symposium (2005-present).
Thursday, October 24
2:00 PM – 3:30 PM
Friday, October 25
10:30 AM – 11:30 AM