Hany Younan Azer Girgis
Clinical Fellow of Echocardiography, Vancouver general hospital, University of British Columbia, Canada from 01/07/2017 till 30/6/2019.
Professor of Cardiology, Fayoum University, Egypt (on sabbatical leave) 01/2016 – till present
Asssociate Professor of Cardiology, Fayoum University, Egypt 07/2010 – 01/2016
• Extensive experience in academic and clinical cardiology working in school of medicine, university teaching hospitals, and tertiary medical centers
• Vast experience in non-invasive cardiac imaging, especially artificial intelligence in echocardiography, 2D and 3D speckle tracking echocardiography, 3D echocardiography, contrast echocardiography, stress echocardiography, interventional echocardiography and fusion imaging, and trans-esophageal echocardiography.
• Experience in research activity in the field of cardiology and excellence in teaching at both the undergraduate and postgraduate level.
• Doctor of Medicine (PhD) in Cardiology and Vascular Diseases, Ain Shams University, Egypt (April 2004). Doctorate’s thesis on “Usefulness of tissue Doppler imaging as a new technique for assessment of regional left ventricular systolic function following coronary angioplasty”
• Master of Science in Cardiology, Ain Shams University, Egypt (May 1999). Master’s thesis on “Usefulness of systolic excursion of the mitral annulus as an index of left ventricular systolic function in dilated cardiomyopathy”
• Bachelor degree of Medicine and Surgery (MBBCh): Minia University, Egypt (December 1992).
• Licentiate of the medical counsel of Canada, LMCC Canada (June 2016).
• Certified cardiac Sonographer (RDCS). The American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS).
• Cardiac Point of Care Certification. Lung Point of Care Certification. Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Point of Care Certification.The Alliance for Physician Certification & Advancement (APCA)
• Certified by the American Heart Association, BLS/ACLS courses.
• Fellow of the European Society of Cardiology (FESC).
• Member of the American Society of Echocardiography (ASE).
• Member of the European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging (EACVI).
Friday, October 25
3:50 PM – 4:00 PM