CWEA: .5 Contact Hours
$45 before Friday, March 22, 2019, and $54 after
Join us for the Second Annual Women Impacting Water Breakfast! This event will be a morning of networking and discussion with California water leaders, engineers, operators and scientists at various career stages.
Attendees will have the chance to meet other water sector professionals and participate in facilitated discussions on challenges, career development and ways to encourage more women to join the water industry. Come build your network and make connections with people you will see throughout the conference while enjoying a buffet breakfast and latte cart.
Come hear from others and share your stories about the unique challenges facing women in the water sector. Discover what is needed to improve industry relationships and discuss what has been the most important aspect that has aided in your growth and development as a professional.
Here’s a list of topics being proposed:
• How did you choose your career?
• Achieving work life balance
• Attracting millennials to the water industry - Studies show that when organizations promote top female talent into leadership roles, it creates an environment that allows for women to more easily develop and maintain a strong peer network.
• Career Paths for new and seasoned professionals - Find out from others as well as share what has been the most important aspect that has aided in growth and development as a professional.
• Connecting candidates with opportunities in water operations - Can women be more successful in companies that foster career advancement and provide support without bias.
• How to find a mentor - Is collaboration your mindset, culture and method of working? Are you collaborating with a posture of learning and determination?
• Women empowering women panel - Is it a natural tendency to underestimate yourself while working in a male dominated field? Does this impact upward movement?