International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS)
SLO Down, You Program Too Fast: Developing Learning Outcomes for Effective Programming
Wednesday, November 13
3:45 PM - 5:00 PM
Location: Constellation C
Many International Student Offices struggle to provide effective and innovative programming to their international student populations with limited resources, despite collaborations with better funded partner departments. This session will focus on developing Student Learning Outcomes to guide and inform programming efforts, in order to ensure student learning goals are met and office resources are maximized. Focus on developing SLOs based on CAS standards, best practice and supporting university internalization efforts.
- Identify university’s internationalization efforts and support so as to inform development of SLOs that are aligned with overall mission
- Identify best practices for SLO development using CAS standards for international education
- Develop assessment metrics to select program and partnerships that meet SLO guidelines
- Identify university's internationalization efforts and support, so as to inform development of SLOs that are aligned with overall mission.
- Identify best practices for SLO development using CAS standards for international education, NAFSA Professional Competencies, Student Development Theories as well as benchmarking.
- Develop assessment metrics to select program and partnerships that meet SLO guidelines.
Gail Gibbs, MS
International Student & Scholar Office