Monday Roundtable Luncheon
The roundtable discussion will highlight the success of Minnesota's legislative "Healthy Teeth. Healthy Baby" . initiative. http://www.health.state.mn.us/healthyteeth-healthybaby
Our work will support other states to understand the connection between oral health and maternal/child health and heighten commitment level from both dental and medical/clinical professionals. Our presentation will describe the process of developing a statewide legislative initiative, from start to finish, and will include best practices of epidemiology and evaluation.
This presentation will cover:
1. Best practices learned from the statewide collaboration among Minnesota Department of Health oral health, maternal and child health and WIC programs.
2. Health literacy and communication tools for caregivers
3. Educational modules for non-dental workforce training
4. Implementation of fluoride varnish application in the primary care (C&TC) setting
5. Success of implementing pilot studies across Minnesota
Each participant attending the roundtable discussion will receive Minnesota's Healthy Teeth. Healthy Baby. kit, fluoride varnish card and other communication tools.