Research Assistant Professor
Department of Computer Science and Engineering,University of North Texas
Research Assistant Professor
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
University of North Texas, Denton, TX 76207
Zhejiang University Hangzhou, China Physics B.Sc., 2005
Northwestern University Evanston, IL Experimental Particle Physics Ph.D., 2016
12/2019 – Research Assistant Professor, University of North Texas
09/2019 – Adjunct Faculty, University of North Texas
09/2016 – 11/2019 Postdoctoral Fellow, Northwestern University
09/2017 – 05/2019 Adjunct Faculty, Loyola University Chicago
09/2009 – 06/2016 Graduate Research Assistant, Northwestern University
09/2008 – 06/2009 Graduate Teaching Assistant, Northwestern University
5 most closely related to proposed work
1. T Xiao, T Tabashum, R Jebamalaidass, A Du, M Leal, E Oliviera, B Metwally, MV Albert, “Conversation Moderator: A mobile app for tracking individual speaking in group conversations”, 14th IEEE International Conference on Semantic Computing (ICSC 2020), San Diego, CA, Feb 3-5, 2020.
2. T Xiao, S Zelman, M Dow, S Ebrahimi, MV Albert, “Automatic counting methods applied to unspecified repetitive physical activities”, Scientific Reports (submitted).
3. T Xiao, RI Greenberg, MV Albert, “Design and assessment of a task-driven introductory data science course taught concurrently in multiple-languages: Python, R, and MATLAB”, ITICSE 2020, Trondheim, Norway (submitted).
4. P Sok, T Xiao, Y Azeze, A Jayaraman, MV Albert, “Activity recognition for incomplete spinal cord injury subjects using hidden Markov models”, IEEE Sensors 18(15), 6369-6374, 2018.
5. “Conversation Moderator”, in Libraries & Demos on the Google Play Store, published under graduate student Rejoice Jebamalaidass, 2018.
5 other products/publications
1. T Xiao, S Dobbs, A Tomaradze, KK Seth, “Precision Measurement of the Hadronic Contribution to the Muon Anomalous Magnetic Moment”, Phys. Rev. D 97 (3), 032012 (2018).
2. T Xiao, S Dobbs, A Tomaradze, KK Seth, “Measurements of Ω− Branching Fractions”, Phys. Rev. D 98 (1), 012007 (2018).
3. S Dobbs, KK Seth, A Tomaradze, T Xiao, G Bonvicini, “Hyperon Form Factors and Diquark Correlations”, Phys. Rev. D 96 (9), 092004 (2017).
4. T Xiao, S Dobbs, A Tomaradze, KK Seth, “Observation of the Charged Hadron Zc(3900) and Evidence for the Neutral Zc0(3900) in e+e-J/psi at s=4170 MeV”, Phys. Lett. B 727 (4), 366-370 (2013).
5. T Xiao, S Dobbs, A Tomaradze, KK Seth,G Bonvicini, “Search for Radiative Production of the ‘Exotic’ Mesons X(3872, 3915, 3930, 3940) from psi(4160)”, Phys. Rev. D 87 (5), 057501 (2013).
1. Mentored 12 for-credit MS grad and undergrad students on 4 research projects (3 MS graduate and 9 undergraduate) at Loyola University Chicago (2017-2019).
2. Created and taught a course “Computing and Data Analysis for the Sciences” at Loyola University Chicago. Notably, this course is now the recommended first programming course for a newly developed and approved undergraduate data science major at Loyola (2017-2019).
3. Advised student in the Loyola University Chicago Computer Science Summer Research Program with 9 students engaging in 3 projects over summer 2017-2018.
4. Mentored female graduate students at Department of Physics and Astronomy of Northwestern University (2016-2019).
5. Co-organized lecture series funded by George Heilborn, an alumnus of the Department of Physics and Astronomy at Northwestern University. The series consists of three lectures each year by an eminent physicist or astronomer, including six Nobel laureates (2008-2016).
Wednesday, October 21, 2020
2:25 PM – 2:30 PM EST